Friday, February 4, 2011

Insanity, Day 9: Pure Cardio

GUESS WHAT?!!?! I made it all the way through the warm-up without stopping!!! Well, that's not to say I didn't slow down... lol. Even the stupid high knees!!!! Ok, and exactly how fast are you supposed to do the jumping jacks? There's no way you can do it that fast keeping your arms straight.

I was SO NOT IN THE MOOD to do this today (see earlier post) but I'm so glad I made myself do it. It's safe to say that doing Insanity has already become part of a regular routine; it's just something I do everyday. It's gotten to the point where it would be weird not to do it. And, as much as I hate it, it beats the hell out of running.

But regarding the actual cardio -- Mountain climbers still killed me this round, as did the get down, push your feet back, feet back in, up and jump, get down, wash, rinse and repeat. I hardly did ANY of those. The moving push ups were nigh impossible given my state of exhaustion.

Food: strawberry, mango and banana protein smoothie -- in the blender it said 24 oz of liquid so I put in 3 servings (75g total) of protein powder in it but when I put it in my bottle it said 20 oz. So... I might have had 75g of protein in 20 oz throughout the day; a banana; an avocado; the rest of my banh chung; banh mi chay (more protein); nuts (fats, yay); some handfuls of nuts and dried cranberries; 3 small pieces of chocolate; a sesame seed ball with mung bean inside; 2 more servings of protein powder; almost 4 16-oz bottles of water. Upping the water. Tomorrow my assignments are to get more protein powder (thinking about getting hemp seed powder) and to figure out a more strict food schedule -- I'm too lost eating what I "think" is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments / Sympathies / Similar stories / Anecdotes