Friday, March 11, 2011

Insanity, Day 43: Max Recovery

Oh boy, I'm more sore than I was yesterday. I came to the very late realization that Insanity is 2 days of working out, rest, 3 days of working out, recovery. I did recovery today... this is so not in order! lol. Month 1 Recovery is all about staying in place and pulsing and pulsing. I can get through most of those. Month 2 Recovery is way more about balance and the core. I completely skipped a set of some push ups and also the planks from up and down.

Moms asked if I lost weight the other day. I was wearing a slimming outfit though, so that was part of it. I'm not losing any more inches.. Actually, ever since I started, my waist has only shrunk about a quarter of an inch at most and I've gained about 3 lbs (I know I know, it's muscle weight!). Granted, I was small to begin with, with a waist measuring at 26.5" or 26.25" (currently 26.25" or 26"), and my hips are around 36"-36.5", so I don't know how realistic it is to get more than a 10-inch ratio difference. My waist-to-hip ratio is currently .72 or .73, which falls under the category of "excellent" and at the least risk for obesity and cardiovascular disesase, so I'm good health-wise, this was all about looks from the beginning. (But that's not to say I was really hoping to get under 26"...) I can see that my stomach is definitely more toned; my obliques are smaller and I have less flub. My love handles are smaller and muscles are more defined, but I still have this overlying layer of fat covering my awesome 6-pack. My biggest problems are my lower abdomen and the inside of my thighs; here is where I want to lose those the most. I want to keep defining and toning. 3 more weeks of Insanity to go. Oh, and I think I am going to finish 2 days behind schedule, which I'm fine with. I mean, I can't really do anything about it to gain time...

Since this blog has kind of turned into a Chloe fitness blog plus other fitness topics blog, I am going to post something that isn't exactly surprising but it is daunting:

Source: Center for Disease Control and Prevention

Body Measurements

(Data are for the U.S.)

Measured average height, weight, and waist circumference for adults ages 20 years and over

  • Men:
    Height (inches):  69.4
    Weight (pounds): 194.7
    Waist circumference (inches):   39.7
  • Women:
    Height (inches):   63.8
    Weight (pounds):  164.7
    Waist circumference (inches):   37.0 
Omfg. I always knew the average size for a woman is 12 or 14 in the US, and there are people who say that they know size 12s or 14s who are at a healthy weight and have healthy stats. How is this possible? There's no way you need to be a 12 or a 14 if you don't have excess body fat. There's no way. So the average woman 20+ years old in the US weighs 164, is 5'4" tall, is wearing a size 12, and has a waist circumference of 37". Even if she has hips measuring 37", that's a waist-to-hip ratio of 1:1, which is straight dangerous. I'm not saying you have to be a size 0, but there is just too much of something going on here. Belly fat is bad! Don't suffocate your organs, people! Chickity-check yourself before you wreck yourself.

2 comments:

  1. HELLO!

    i just started p90 ab ripper x again (since i only did it for less than a month last time i tried). you're my motivation! keep up the good work, see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those average stats are alarming. Alarming and disturbing.

    Lower abs are much more difficult for women to obtain. There's some stubborn fat I have around my lower abs that just won't go away. Alas...

    ReplyDelete

Comments / Sympathies / Similar stories / Anecdotes